isc-dhcp3-server issues with windows 2000 client

Joe josepha48 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 08:46:22 PDT 2007

ok, to answer your questions:

I built it by doing:
    cd /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp3-server && make install

the version = isc-dhcp3-server-3.0.5_2 for both,  could their be code changes if the _2 did not change?

it is started via supplied shell script isc-dhcp3, I just renamed to  isc-dhcp3.sh

I tried setting authoritative on and off in the dhcpd.conf file and that had no effect.

It is almost like dhcpd does not even recognize the packets coming from win2k, but WinXP and FreeBSD clients seem okay.   I haven't tried other clients yet (Linux / Mac) but do have them.

It is NOT running in a jail.

The weird thing is that if I set IPAutoConfiguration in the win2k registry to 0 ( turning it off ), win2k get the gateway and dhcp server configured, but not it's IP address.

Joe

Olivier Nicole <on at cs.ait.ac.th> wrote: Hi,

>    I have a backup of the old system and am using that to trouble
>    shoot.  I have narrowed it down to the dhcpd binary.  If I put in
>    the newer binary built with p7 it does not work with windows
>    2000.  If I put in the old binary it works fine.

First question would be: how did you build isc-dhcp?

     pkg_info |grep dhcp

Second, is it running? How do you start it?

Third question: was are the version number of old and new dhcp? You
may be facing some change in dhcpd configuration file.

Best regards,

Olivier