Flash

Jona Joachim jaj at hcl-club.lu
Fri Aug 17 16:39:20 PDT 2007

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:38:12 +0200
Laszlo Nagy <gandalf at shopzeus.com> wrote:

> Zbigniew Komarnicki wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > can I ask you for help, how to set up flash in Firefox natively,
> > step by step?
> The only native solution I know of is "gnash" but last time I tried
> it it was very unstable and very slow.

gnash 0.8 is not in the ports yet.
It features some great improvements. It can for example play YouTube
videos without too many problems.
I heard very promising things about gnash last week.
gnash has already a lot of advantages compared to the 'real thing' from
Adobe. For example it runs on many platforms where Adobe's Flash
doesn't run. It will also perhaps soon hit the iPhone.
Useless to say Adobe are not so happy about it ;)

Best regards,
Jona