Question about failover with ISC DHCP

Lacayo, Luis F lflacayo at cps.k12.il.us
Tue Aug 14 06:37:58 PDT 2007

HI all,

I am looking to replace my current DHCP server with the ISC.  Right now
I have to servers which are working with split scopes.   Some of my
schools need over 600 IP's,  so I have the school with a 255.255.240.0
which give them 16 Class C, network, so to avoid conflicts I assign the
3 lower to one server and the 3 highest to the other.

Now comes the question, in the following section there is a split of
128.  If I give a range of 3 class C's do I set this value to 128 or
(128*# Class C Networks)?

Thank you in advance,

Luis

Luis F. Lacayo

Chicago Public Schools

ITS / Senior UNIX Administration

lflacayo at cps.k12.il.us

Office: 773-553-3835

Cell: 773 203-4493

The information contained in this communication is confidential,
private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for
the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or
copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at
(773) 553-3835