Urgent help needed please: pecl-memcache problem after upgrade of php

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Aug 14 02:38:37 PDT 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 03:01:15 -0400
"Ian Lord" <mailing-lists at msdi.ca> wrote:

> 1- Portupgrade broke the thing ?

portupgrade upgraded libraries that were referenced by other objects...for some reason, pecl / php stuff is very picky. Maybe the ports need to be updated in unison / force upgrades of the other (if installed)...

> 2- a make clean/make deinstall/make install is better than a make
> deinstall/make reinstall ?

not sure, make clean forces a full rebuild of the port ... i think it goes back to the point that portupgrade may not realise it needs to update the other port...if u tell it exactly what to update then it should work too with portupgrade