Subversion --mod_dav_svn.so -

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Sun Aug 12 05:09:04 PDT 2007

Hi

I am getting into problems compiling subversion with apache2.

subversion-1.4.4_1
apache-2.2.4_2

Could someone who is familier with subversion & apache please  confirm with me
the configure and make command lines for both.

I have what I believe to be the correct entries in httpd.conf:

LoadModule dav_module libexec/apache22/mod_dav.so
LoadModule dav_svn_module     libexec/apache22/mod_dav_svn.so

Whatever I do not finish up with the required *so files after subversion is
installed.

So
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl restart
reports:

httpd: Syntax error on line 88 of /usr/local/etc/apache22/httpd.conf: Cannot
load /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dav_svn.so into server: Cannot
open "/usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dav_svn.so"

An up to date locate database does not find mod_dav_svn.so on the system.
whereis reports:
svn path is
svn: /usr/local/bin/svn
httpd path is: