Disabling Shutdown Option On xfce4 Exit

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Sat Aug 11 14:21:11 PDT 2007

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

> 'Anyone know how to disable the shutdown option when xfce4 exits? The
> user in question needs sudo access to the system, but I don't want
> this user to be able to turn off a server when they exit the xfce4
> session.

I have a couple of methods that don't directly address the question:

1) Don't allow the user to execute /sbin/shutdown - can be done via sudo
configuration (I think), or via group memebership for that user (I
know). The shutdown item will still be there, but will fail if he clicks
it.

2) Don't run X on a server

HTH.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]