FW: Request to mailing list freebsd-hackers rejected

James Hicks ytwok_karate at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 11 11:37:34 PDT 2007

Per instructions from the moderator below i'm making this post to the
free-bsd questions mailing list.

I'm building a samba server. I have an XP laptop using putty via ssh to
remotley administer. I cannot use putty to logon as root directly. If I
logon as my regular user I cannot su/sudo in as root. I tried modifying the
sshd_config file with AllowUsers root at ip. This didn't work. Any suggestions?
Im somewhat new to UNIX and nery new to FreeBSD, so my indepth knowledge is
not the best.

James