request add db45/db46 support to mail/exim port

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 12:27:11 PDT 2007

On 8/11/07, Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,

> swhetzel> I believe when I made the change to bsd.database.mk, and then
> patched
> swhetzel> all of the BDB using ports, I had put the lowest version that the
> port
> swhetzel>  supported into USE_BDB.
>
> swhetzel> USE_BDB=yes would also work and allow the port to show a
> dependancy on
> swhetzel> the default BDB version instead of the lowest BDB version.  Also,
> swhetzel> INVALID_BDB_VER takes care of excluding BDB versions that the port
> swhetzel> doesn't work with.
>
> Yes, it is same as my understanding.  So, I think a user doesn't
> specify WITH_BSD_VER explicitly, exim will use db40, while other ports
> which use bsd.database.mk use db41.

That would be true, except that the exim port is setting WITH_BDB_VER?=1 to use the system BDB by default.

I have now fixed it so that the exim port doesn't need to set WITH_BDB_VER?=1 anymore.  Instead setting either WITH_BDB or WITH_BDB_VER > 1 will make the port use Mk/bsd.database.mk to choose the version of BDB to use, otherwise it will default to the system BDB.

The updated patch is in PR 115427:

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.