Convince me, please!

Adam J Richardson fatman.uk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 05:09:24 PDT 2007

Hi Wojciech,

Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> and about DOS apps - few small companies are still using our 18-year old
> (so really mature ;) DOS apps. when asked if they like me to write new
> unix version (+lots of adventages here, remote sessions etc.) then don't.
> they just don't like to pay anymore because this 18-year program JUST
> WORKS.

That reminds me of my last job. It's a big multinational company [let's
call it Torus, for no particular reason] but knows almost nothing about
computing. They're using some old database software from 1000000000000
years BC. There's no security on it at all. I was able to use M$ Excel
to peek inside it at the data. Unfortunately when I did that I locked
absolutely everyone in the company out of the database at the same time.
Heh. There's an example of a program that's old and sucks.

Adam J Richardson