Windows style computing (was Convince me, please! - too much about "GUI")

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Fri Aug 10 02:58:04 PDT 2007

On Gdańsk technical university there was a man about 50 years teaching
people unix (mostly).

what he talked very often:

---
DO NOT use windows EVER. Not because it's slow, not because it crashes,
and not because it can't do much. Not because of security too.

But because it's teaching BAD HABITS.
----

Now we widely see the effects. Milions of people hates windows because it's slow,
it crashes, it's insecure, and not much usable.

But they are unable to switch to anything else because of these bad
habits.

And the new market for such people was created. But again - not to cure
their habits, but to KEEP them, with "better windows".

There are linux-based "better windows", FreeBSD-based "better windows",
and whatever.

if anyway really like to change, he/she has to change her/his habits.
And it WILL TAKE MONTHS (or years) of WORK!

sorry but it will. there is no shortcut