Convince me, please!

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Aug 9 20:55:19 PDT 2007

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 23:22:26 -0500
Latitude <robertjx at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> I'm interested in changing over to FreeBSD from Windows,

Hello Robert,

I don't think  I'll tell you what to do - i think most contributors to this thread have done a pretty good job @ pointing you in the right direction (with different degrees of shoving involved ;-) ). At least most  agree on one fact : there is no underlying incentive to convert every/most/some/you windows users to FreeBSD - those who want it will do it. Let Microsoft and Apple marketing machines do all the convincing for their own products (well, and in the case of Vista, let the quality of the product be its own counter-sell point :D ).

I also find it very interesting that troll-looking emails like yours generate so many helpful responses, but then the original poster (ie, you :) ) do not bother to reply back / follow up.

good luck with your choices,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
   George Santayana