What's the secret to gnome-terminal "open link?"

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed Aug 8 00:22:16 PDT 2007

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:12:22 -0700
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org> wrote:

> I would really like the "open link" function to work under
> gnome-terminal.  But I can't find any relevant configuration
> and a Google search comes up empty.

I dont use Gnome, but XFCE, and therefore Terminal instead of 'gnome-terminal'. The open link function works once you've defined what the default browser is @ XFCE level (ie, within XFCE configuration ).

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in the mysterious
universe without having any purpose, which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me."
   Richard Feynman