NTFS-3G not mounting the partition during boot

Novembre novembre at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:53:29 PDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Philip M. Gollucci <philip at riderway.com> wrote:

> Novembre wrote:
> > rcvar=`set_rcvar`
> That should be
> rcvar=${name}_enable
>
> Because of this, your script did not run because the rc system didn't
> detect it correctly.
>
> Try setting
> rc_debug="YES"
> and/or
> rc_info="YES"
> in /etc/rc.conf
>
> to see more of whats happening.
>
> > command="ntfs-3g /dev/ad0s1 /mnt/windows && ntfs-3g /dev/ad0s1
> > /mnt/windows -o locale=en_US.UTF-8"
> Also $command is special, you should use another variable
> $command_args (which is also special) for the arguments/options.
>
> Of course, you can circument these if you know what you are doing.
>
> When in doubt, look at other rc scripts like apache22's or others that
> might seem like they would do a lot.
>
> Finally, in /etc/rc.subr is _very_
>

> --
> Philip M. Gollucci (philip at riderway.com) 323.219.4708
> Senior System Admin - Riderway, Inc. http://riderway.com
> 1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF
>
> Work like you don't need the money,
> love like you'll never get hurt,
> and dance like nobody's watching.

Hi,

I did not write this script myself. I was searching the net for a solution
to this problem, and I found a thread on ntfs-3g forums where somebody had
posted this script. Apparently, it had worked for him and some other people.
I just copied and pasted the script. But since I wanted to know more about
startup scripts, I looked at the manual page for rc.d, and a sample script
there looked exacly liked this one. That's why I thought that the script
that I have is going to work as well.
I made the changes and am going to reboot the machine now. If they work,
i'll post the results...

Thanks a lot :)