Out of date mirrors.

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Tue Aug 7 19:42:50 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 07 August 2007 19:16:45 Paul Myjavec wrote:
> FreeBSD,
>
> I have just purchased a new workstation and have just completed a fresh
> install.
>
> One thing this install has taught me is how out of date a lot of mirrors
> around the world are, particularly in my case the Australian mirrors and
> doing a bit of reading I discovered that so many fellow Australians are
> simply turning to FreeBSD main sites for all there Ports needs.
>
> Upon emailing hostmaster at au.FreeBSD.org to find out what the story was I
> received a bounce back message?
>
> Can something be done about this, I for one would be happy to help out if
> at all possible.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul.

im curious to know if you are referring to taking your fresh install of 6.2,
and doing something like say:

pkg_add -r kde

and watching it install kde-3.5.4 ??  or perhaps it was some other package,
but the point is that the packages-6.2-release folder does not hold the same
things as package-6-stable folder.

or.. what exactly are you referring to, as being out of date?

cheers,
--
Jonathan Horne
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org