Waiting for BIND security announcement

Rakhesh Sasidharan rakhesh at rakhesh.com
Tue Aug 7 17:17:00 UTC 2007

Just bumping this question of mine. I tried a "freebsd-update fetch" just
now, but I still have no updates! And my system is still on
6.2-RELEASE-p4. Is that normal or should I be concerned?

$ freebsd-update fetch
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 1 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature from update1.FreeBSD.org... done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.
Preparing to download files... done.

No updates needed to update system to 6.2-RELEASE-p7.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD obelix.home.rakhesh.com 6.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p4 #0:
Thu Apr 26 17:40:53 UTC 2007
root at i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386