emacs22 and portsdb

Arend P. van der Veen apvanderveen at att.net
Sat Aug 4 20:54:17 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have been having trouble with emacs22 also.  I am using FreeBSD
6.2-RELEASE-p7.  I did the upgrade as described in the updating notes.
I use emacs plus

auctex
slime
quack
emacs-w3m

Everything was upgraded properly.  However, no portsdb -Uu generates
errors.

Therefore, I have remove EMACS_PORT_NAME=emacs22 from /etc/make.conf and
now portsdb -Uu works without a problem.  However, if I remove any of
the ports such as auctex and then reinstall it, portinstall will try to
install emacs21 again which conflicts with emacs22.

I am stuck.  If I leave EMACS_PORT_NAME=emacs22 in /etc/make.conf then
dependencies work but portsdb -Uu fails.  If I remove
EMACS_PORT_NAME=emacs22 from /etc/make.conf then portsdb -Uu works but
the dependencies are messed up.

I even went as far as to delete emacs with pkg_delete -r emacs-22.1 and
tried installing everything from scratch.  However the dependencies are
still messed up.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Arend van der Veen