Nano issue

r17fbsd at xxiii.com r17fbsd at xxiii.com
Thu Aug 2 14:15:37 UTC 2007

At 07:25 AM 8/2/2007, Roberth Sjonøy wrote:
>Hello, Ive just installed my prefered text
>editor, nano, but when im going to run nano, this just appears:
>/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object
>"libncursesw.so.6" not found , required by "nano"

I have nano 2.0.6 installed from packages (not ports) and it works fine on 6.2.

I also have that library with the same date as my last buildworld:

$ ls -l /lib/*curs*
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  268108 Jan 14  2007 /lib/libncurses.so.6

I don't really know much about how the libraries
work, but it appears that one should be on a standard system.

   -RobW