How to find HorizSync / VertRefresh rates?

Victor Engmark victor.engmark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:21:25 UTC 2007

On 4/30/07, Tom Evans <tevans.uk at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 11:02 +0200, Victor Engmark wrote:
> > I'm trying to create a pristine xorg.conf, but I've been unable to
> > find proper values for HorizSync and VertRefresh for my Dell Latitude
> > D610.
>
> Don't bother trying. If it works when you leave them unspecified, don't
> think any more about it.

I'd rather not have to replace my laptop after a few weeks...

If it still doesn't work however, the easiest way is to construct a
> valid modeline specific to your monitor. Xorg can actually tell you what
> to put into your xorg.conf, see section 5.4.3.2 of the FreeBSD Handbook
> [1]

It "works", but the issue is rather having the /correct/ configuration in
order to utilize the hardware as well as possible without frying it.

I've tried the method proposed, but I don't find the information mentioned.

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds