testing for directory

Don Hinton don.hinton at vanderbilt.edu
Sun Apr 29 22:25:14 UTC 2007

On Sunday 29 April 2007 15:58:48 Roland Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 04:39:42PM -0400, Robert Huff wrote:
> > 	In C code, is there a quick and dirty way to tell if a path
> > points to a directory?  Or do I have to open the parent directory and
> > check the entry for that name?

Just open() the path, then pass the fd to getdirentries(), if it returns -1,
and errno = EINVAL, it's not a directory.  (man getdirentries for more info)

hth...
don

--
Don Hinton <don.hinton at vanderbilt.edu> or <hintonda at gmail.com>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems (ISIS), Vanderbilt University