normal mount points

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Sun Apr 29 21:10:17 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 12:17:30AM -0700, Graham North wrote:

> I believe that they are mount points, not directories.   I shut the
> server down last night until I learn more.
> G/

Again, mount points are directories.
There is no dofference unless something is attached to the directory
and treated as a mounted device.

they probably have nothing to do with an automounter either,
though that is possible to set up.  `k:wq

Anyway, none of these would be related to Apache and I don't thing Samba
but I haven't really used Samba, just seen systems with it running - and
didn't look closely.

////jerry