Quotas on 6.2

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Sun Apr 29 19:08:07 UTC 2007

On Apr 29, 2007, at 06:26, Mark Tinguely wrote:

> I am using quotas in FreeBSD 6.2 with soft limits == hard limits,
> and the hard limits are being enforsed (mail/ftp etc). This is a
> non-root
> filesystem.
>
> There is one patch for quota that I supplied and was recently applied
> to -current that is appropriate for FreeBSD 5.x-7.x that has to do
> with
> file counts once the filesystem is completely full, that does not
> affect
> hard limits.

I have narrowed the problem down to two items:  There is a reboot
called for in the handbook during the quota setup that I probably
didn't do.  Also, I was testing by having root copy data owned by the
user with the quota.  While that changed the quota used, it may not
have triggered the quota check.  In either case, after rebooting
today and having the user do the copy, the hard quota is now enforced
properly.  Thanks.