Is FreeBSD simple enough for Novices, Will FreeBSD accept Office 98 + Publisher?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Sat Apr 28 06:43:04 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 14:30 +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> Dear James

> run Office 98.
> However the OpenOffice office suit which by default installed in SuSE
> and Ubuntu is superior than Office 98 in functionality, and can open
> your old Office 98 documents just fine

I forgot to mention: using OpenOffice is completely free of charge, this
software can also be used on MacOS. It's my everyday office life. And
using OpenOffice you don't need to buy CrossOffice (65$) which is used
to run Microsoft Office (which again is not free)

If you have questions using OpenOffice, there are a lot of OpenOffice
users there on the forum that are very willing to help. See
www.oooforum.org

I think both Ubuntu and Mac OS are your good choice! If you are
interested in and have time on learning managing powerful system like
FreeBSD it's also a good choice.