var/log/messages umass da0 >6 how to stop?

James Seward jamesoff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 14:59:52 UTC 2007

On 4/27/07, David Southwell <david at vizion2000.net> wrote:
> The problem is that although messages stop for da0 I cannot stop da1 AND I
> would really like to be able to control this without having to have memory
> cards et al in the devices at all times.

I get this when I have my USB card reader plugged in (and empty). I'm
pretty sure it's hal (via KDE) which is responsible for the polling in
my case. My low-tech fix is to yank the USB cable out when I'm not
using the reader :) If there was a way to stop it filling up my syslog
though I'd love to know.

/JMS