Thunderbird 2.0 dumps core on second file open op

Howard Goldstein hg at queue.to
Fri Apr 27 14:17:58 UTC 2007

Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:

> Howard Goldstein wrote:
>> youshi10 at u.washington.edu wrote:

>>> If you don't mind me asking, what are the file types, and about how
>>> large are these files?
>> An appx 1K rc file (.nvidia-settings-rc), in another case a one page 29K
>> .pdf
>>

>>> Could everyone affected by this issue document a few more steps of
>>> what they do to cause Thunderbird to coredump, please?
>> 1. start thunderbird
>> 2. ^M or click on the write message label
>> 3. attach any file
>> 4. send an email to self, garbage or empty message, take the default
>> subject or change it to garbage.
>> 5. ^M to compose another message
>> 6. at any point from this point on , attaching a file will coredump
>
> If this helps I don't see the problem here (thunderbird-2.0.0.0, all
> ports up to date). Details below.

Do you by chance have openldap23-client installed?   Yesterday I
promised to rebuild with the default make.conf CFLAGS but in the interim
gnome2 was installed which comes with openldap23-client apparently, and
now the mere presence of openldap is forcing a fatal build error

[blahh blah blah]

gmake[5]: Entering directory
`/usr/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla/directory/c-sdk/ldap/libraries/liblber'
cc -o decode.o -c   -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/nss
-I/usr/local/include/nss/nss -pipe -I/usr/local/include   -g -pipe
-ansi -Wall -pthread -O -g -fPIC  -DDEBUG_root  -DMOZILLA_CLIENT=1
-DDEBUG=1 -DXP_UNIX=1 -DFREEBSD=1 -DHAVE_BSD_FLOCK=1 -DHAVE_LCHOWN=1
-DHAVE_STRERROR=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE=1  -DFORCE_PR_LOG -D_PR_PTHREADS
-UHAVE_CVAR_BUILT_ON_SEM -DUSE_WAITPID -DNEEDPROTOS    -DNET_SSL
-DNO_LIBLCACHE -DLDAP_REFERRALS     -DNS_DOMESTIC
-I../../../ldap/include
-I/usr/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/mozilla/dist/./include   decode.c
In file included from decode.c:52:
lber-int.h:121: error: syntax error before "LDAP_CALLBACK"
lber-int.h:130: error: redefinition of typedef 'Seqorset'
/usr/local/include/lber.h:164: error: previous declaration of 'Seqorset'
was here
lber-int.h:149: error: syntax error before "ldap_x_iovec"
lber-int.h:165: error: syntax error before "BERTranslateProc"
lber-int.h:187: error: syntax error before "LDAP_IOF_READ_CALLBACK"
lber-int.h:198: error: syntax error before "LDAP_X_EXTIOF_READ_CALLBACK

-I /usr/local/include is what's doing it, it continues the build when
manually stripping /usr/local/include from this directory's build
options but it breaks later on as well.

A very few google hits on this error, none of which lead to fix or
workaround.