Thunderbird 2.0 dumps core on second file open op

Howard Goldstein hg at queue.to
Fri Apr 27 01:39:35 UTC 2007

Garrett Cooper wrote:
> Did you build thunderbird with custom cflags, and have to tried getting
> a backtrace for all of the calls made from thunderbird using the
> coredump and gdb?

When this started happening I rebuilt it with
WITH_DEBUG=true
WITHOUT_LOGGING=true
WITHOUT_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=true

I don't see any different obvious behavior with these flags, it still
drops the core, but it is noticably slower (and it generates warnigns
and info to someone's stderr, see below)

My backtrace from the coredump should be in your email box if you still
have freebsd-questions from 9:43 EDT this morning...

I don't know if it's expected behavior or not but the debug version
generates quite a few possibly interesting warnings and failed assertion
messages to stderr on attaching the first (successful) message.

Another interesting thing is that when saving a received attachment I
can do that endlessly, it uses a different dialog though.