Emulex LP9002 - FreeBSD 6.2

Marlon Menezes menezes_marlon at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 18:10:19 UTC 2007

>From: Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org>
>To: "Marlon Menezes" <menezes_marlon at hotmail.com>
>CC: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
>Subject: Re: Emulex LP9002 - FreeBSD 6.2
>Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:58:26 -0400
>
>"Marlon Menezes" <menezes_marlon at hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am a newbie with FreeBSD and I am having problems in order to get my
> > HBA Emulex LP9002 working on a FreeBSD version 6.2.
> >
> > Can you help me? Is there any one with experience with HBA setup on
> > FreeBSD that can help me?"
>
>HBA should be transparent, as far as I recall.
>You'll need to be more specific.

This is a Host Bus Adapter that uses the protocol Fibre Channel to
communicate with Storage Arrays (Like Shark from IBM, Clariion from EMC..),
I need to install it on a FreeBSD system, but I don't have the driver that
allows the OS to communicate with the Storage array.
On a Emulex website (The vendor of the HBA) there are drivers to Suse and
RHEL, but there are no drivers to FreeBSD.