Problem with Quotacheck after crash

Don O'Neil lists at lizardhill.com
Mon Apr 23 17:32:08 UTC 2007

This question is related to my recent question about not being able to
delete files after a disk crash... I solved that problem with the chflags
(the no-delete flag was set!).. Thanks for all who suggested it.

Now that I've deleted the files, I thought this problem would go away, but
its not:

 quotacheck: /home/quota.user: seek failed: Invalid argument
THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEM HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY:
        /dev/twed0s1d (/home)

I've run an fsck on the volume from single user mode, after deleting the
files, and it was clean, but I still get this error. I deleted the
quota.user & quota.group files because they were corrupted when the crash
happened.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next, any suggestions?