Apache and PHP Packages

Peter Ankerstål peter at pean.org
Mon Apr 23 06:56:05 UTC 2007

Stephen Willson wrote:
> I have installed the latest Apache and PHP Packages. I can get Apache working, but nothing is standing out as to why I can't get the PHP package to work. Best I can figure is that this package was compiled without the options to include apache support. -or- there is another package that adds support for apache 2.2.3
>
> i installed:
>
> php5-5.1.6_3
> apache-2.2.3
>
> (and dependencies).
>
> can't figure it out. i haven't installed /compiled with FreeBSD in a long time so I thought the packages would be easy enough...

I dont know whether or not the php-package are built with the apache module but
have you configured your apache correctly? have you added
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

to your apache conf?

My suggestion would be to compile the packages from the ports-collection to make
sure the module is compiled and then make sure that the webserver is configured
properly.

You can read about the ports collection and how to use it here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html