What to backup for named?

Joe Kraft jvk-list at thekrafts.org
Mon Apr 23 01:06:11 UTC 2007

After a recent disk failure, I left myself a note to add the DNS/DHCP
info to my backup.

I have a small, over-engineered for my education, network of 10
computers in my house.  I run BIND with dynamic zones on my FreeBSD
server, I also use the DNS service on my Win2k-AD server.  They both are
designated as slaves for each other.

What do I need to backup?  Are just the configuration files from
/var/namedb/etc/namedb enough to recreate everything if my FBSD server
dies?  Or are there some database files I should be keeping also?

I tried googling, but either this is way to easy of a question or I'm
not looking in the right places.

Thanks for any insight,
Joe.