Anti Spam

Jack Raats jack at jarasoft.net
Sat Apr 21 20:50:45 UTC 2007

Hi Grant,

I'm using postfix and a very good sets of pcre rules which takes care of
more than 90% of all spam.
Spamassassin will do the rest. The only spam I receive is on my postmaster
account.
Postfix uses greylisting, a set of rbl lists and a pcre rule set op the helo
check and client_access_check.
At this moment I'm blocking all ips belonging to customers of cable and adsl
networks, because there are the most botnets.

The helo_checks at this moment are:

/^[0-9.]+$/     REJECT Please use your ISP's outgoing mail server - HA
/^\|/              REJECT Please use your ISP's outgoing mail server - HB
/^[\d\.]+$/      REJECT Please use your ISP's outgoing mail server - HC

# H1 adsl,dial, dhcp, cable, retail, dynamic in hostname
/(adsl|dial|dhcp|cable|retail|dynamic)/i                REJECT Please use
your ISP's outgoing mail server - H1

# H2 customer, dial, local, static in hostname
/(customer|local|static)/i                                   REJECT Please
use your ISP's outgoing mail server - H2

# H3 1234
/\d{4}/                                                          REJECT
Please use your ISP's outgoing mail server - H3

# H4 123-123-123
/\d{1,3}-\d{1,3}-\d{1,3}/                                REJECT Please use
your ISP's outgoing mail server - H4

# H5 123.123.123
# /\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}/                           REJECT Please use
your ISP's outgoing mail server - H5

Untill now no false positves!
So, first take a very good look to your MTA!

Jack