Linking error with __float128 conversions

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Apr 20 20:01:42 UTC 2007

On Apr 20, 2007, at 12:08 PM, Hyo geol, Lee wrote:
> I had problem in linking error with __float128 conversion functions. I
> am using FreeBSD/amd64 -current and test code is below.
[ ... ]
> When I build above code, I got linking error. Is this just unsupported
> functions or something missing in header or linking options? Error
> message is below.

I don't see any reference to float128 in the BSD header files, so it
is probably unsupported.  It might be the case that you can use "long
double" or perhaps the Apache Harmony header files here:

http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/doxygen/vmcore/html/
structFLOAT128.html

...to build your own float128 struct.  The GNU MP library might also
be useful.

--
-Chuck