I like Ubuntu

Henry Lenzi henry.lenzi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:30:02 UTC 2007

On 4/13/07, Claude Menski <claude.menski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is freebsd better then ubuntu?

I'll give you a real example. I havea licensed mathematics package
called Maple. It expensive. Ubuntu (Debian) just broke the
installation from one upgrade to another. They take pride in not
keeping backwards compatibility. Then, I used FreeBSD with the Red Hat
emulation software, ad I have it runing.

Another example: documentation (with whole books on the system desgin)
and a community more knowledgeable.

Plus, ports. You don have to wait 6 months like in Debian.

Additionally, you can run Linux software under emulation layer.

BSD license.

Cheers.

Henry