MS, Adobe competition heats up, Will Adobe wake and port Flash to BSD?

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:17:24 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 06:59 +0300, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrote:
> On 4/18/07, illoai at gmail.com <illoai at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 17/04/07, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <almarrie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > . . .
> > > Porting Flash to more OSes will sure will make adobe beats MS when it
> > > comes to web media.
> >
> > I hope they kill each other and take the whole
> > retch-media enhanced web experience with
> > them flaming into the pit of hell from which
> > they came.
> >
> > But that's just my opinion.

> I'm sorry but rich media is a fact in the web, and you can't ignore it.
>
> Flash is used with Yahoo! maps, and so with alot of useful apps like
> stocks prices ..etc.

Google Maps works just fine without flash - why would you want to
constrain your viewport to some poxy applet control?
If I want to watch a video, I want to use mplayer, not Firefox,

> Instead of ignoring it, we should see it ported to FreeBSD.

I write web applications for a living, and quite happily ignore the
steaming pile of excrement that is rich media applets - the number of
3rd party browser addons whose sole purpose is to disable flash
reassures me that I'm not alone in this view