dhcp/update of A records on Bind

J.D. Bronson jbronson at sixcompanies.com
Wed Apr 18 01:24:56 UTC 2007

Ok...I have DHCP on fxp0 to my ISP (cable)
and I have a public DNS server (static IP) off site.

I want to be able to update my own public DNS server "A" records
if/when my DHCP IP changes.

I am familar with nsupdate and I have used TSIG in the past to do this.
Does FBSD 6.2-stable offer any "EASY" way of doing this via DHCP?

Can dhclient kick something off perhaps?

I have a shell script but looking for a cleaner easier more concise way.
I am sure dhclient knows when the IP changes at least :)

thanks in advance.

-JD