Is FTP install broken?

Philip J. Koenig pjklist at ekahuna.com
Tue Apr 17 12:58:54 UTC 2007

For probably the 2nd time in history for me, I am trying an FTP
install.  It's been a good while since I've done a FBSD install, and
I assumed things had gotten more polished since 4.x..

I'm trying to install the 200703 snapshot of 6.2-STABLE, and no
matter what server I select, no matter what variant I try of various
length paths specified in a custom URL to a server that I *know* has
the files (ftp.freebsd.org), I get the following message:

    Warning: Can't find the '6.2-STABLE-200703' distribution on this
    FTP server.  You may need to visit a different server for
    the release you are trying to fetch or go to the Options
    menu and to (sic) set the release name to explicitly match what's
    available on ftp.freebsd.org (or set to "any").

    Would you like to select another FTP server?

I am booting from the 200703 snapshot i386 bootdisk-only ISO image.

TIA,

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig
pjklist at ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New
Millenium