Missing file in 6.2-RELEASE concerning xdm

Stevan Tiefert stevan-tiefert at t-online.de
Mon Apr 16 13:03:02 UTC 2007

Hello list,

I have written an e-mail on 12. April 2007 in
freebsd-questions at freebsd.org and a day later in freebsd-x11 at freebsd.org
concerning a login-problem with a X-Terminal to a FreeBSD-6.2-XDM-Server.

The reason for the problem was: the file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xstartup
didn't exist there. I have created an empty Xstartup and now my
login-problems are blown away. I swear I didn't deleted this file!

It seems that the 6.2-RELEASE don't delivers a Xstartup-file.

Could you deliver for the 6.3-RELEASE a Xstartup, please?

With regards
Stevan Tiefert