trouble printing from opera

David J Brooks daeg at houston.rr.com
Mon Apr 16 04:17:57 UTC 2007

On Sunday 15 April 2007 10:15:14 pm Garrett Cooper wrote:
> > I've never found a way to make non-KDE apps print from the KDE print
> > manager. My solution has been to print to pdf and then load that into
> > Kpdf and print from there. If there's a better way to do it, I'd love to
> > learn how.
> >
> > David
>
> Can't you setup KDE / your apps to print straight out to a printer using
> lpr?

That's what I have done, sort of. I'm filtering through ghostscript to a
remote queue on a windows box. I just tried it out most of the non-KDE apps I
have that send output to the printer, and in most cases that works fine.
Usually the only non KDE app I print from is AbiWord, and for some reason
that crashes when I try to print to anything but a postscript or pdf file.
But the problem seems to be confined to that one program. Oper printed
without a hitch.

--
Is death legally binding?