I like Ubuntu

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sun Apr 15 05:05:16 UTC 2007

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 12:34:46PM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> Chad Perrin wrote:
> >On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 11:52:18AM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> >
> >>Also, it's Linux-based so documentation in terms of manpages are most
> >>likely non-existent, like with Gentoo Linux.
> >>

> >That's by no means universal among Linux distributions.  Debian actually
> >provides better manpage coverage than FreeBSD, for instance.
> But some of the manpages are out of date, like for the coreutils (I
> think mv/cp was one of them?). I like the comment in there about
> Stallman liking infopages but Debian-ites having to create a manpage :).
> I personally hate infopages, but that's me.

	You're not the only one who destest those bleeping "info"-type
	writeups.
	Forward and BAckwards make sense; but then what is Up/Down?
	And a yup on the outdated docs too.   There is a seriously K00L
	music app (Gnome), but the documentation was way out of date in
	'06.  ((But then, I'd much rather code 1,000 lines that write
	just a few ages of docs, so, I understand the problem.  Code you
	can *read* and figure out.  Different with even good docs.  I
	think the best man pages include a feew examples... .

	gary

PS:  if only we could be god-for-a-day,huh:-) :-)

  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix