Server Load

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Sat Apr 14 19:01:02 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Last week I enabled DEFLATE in apache. I have since disabled it, due to it (I think), sotting the serever load sky high.

Since disableing it, the server load has not decreased by much, but I have narrowed it down to Apache (2.2) or mysqld that is shooting the load up.

The high server loads started last Monday morning, and continued all week.(up and down through the days and nights).

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way (or a utility) that can monitor apache and mysql at the domain level to help troublshoot where the root problem lies.

FreeBSD 6.2
Mysql 4.1.21
php 4.4.4

-Grant