locking down scsi device id's in 6.2

Robert Marella rmarella at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 01:06:05 UTC 2007

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:49:43 -0400
"Dave" <dmehler26 at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>     Either i've got a syntax error or my devices aren't wiring
> obeying /boot/device.hints. I've added:
>
> hint.scbus.0.at="ahc0"
>
> to my config. The tape drive is consistent on scbus0, target5, lun0,
> if i change it's target to say 3 it still shows up as scbus0,
> target5, lun0, but the sa driver is now at sa1 vs. sa0 and pass2 i
> think instead of pass0 not sure if this is important. The burner and
> the rom device never moved, they're still on scbus 2 and 3.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

Please keep freebsd-questions included in your responses by replying
to "all". I have added the list back in to this message.

Please copy and paste what you now have edited in "/boot/device.hints"
to your next reply.

Also, the "ahc0" id for an adaptec scsi controller. Is that what you
have. What I mean is, does ahc0 show up in dmesg or did you just
include it from my previous email?

Oh yeah, show me again what you have in "camcontrol devlist"

Thanks

Robert