I like Ubuntu

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Fri Apr 13 20:08:29 UTC 2007

"Claude Menski" <claude.menski at gmail.com> writes:
> Why is freebsd better then ubuntu?

I like Ubuntu too.  If you want a desktop OS that Just Works and
doesn't require a lot of time to configure and keep up-to-date, it's a
good choice.

On the server side, however, I find that it is FreeBSD rather than
Linux which Just Works and lets you do excatly what you want without
any fuss.  I find that once you get into the little details, Linux is
an appalling mess of disparate components thrown together with no
apparent plan or purpose.  It gets even worse when you start looking
into the kernel source...  No abstraction, no modularization, and very
little consistency.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no