Error with "make buildworld"

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Wed Apr 11 17:30:49 UTC 2007

Hello:

This is from http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html

23.4.14.6. What do I do if something goes wrong?

Make absolutely sure your environment has no extraneous cruft from earlier builds. This is simple enough.

# chflags -R noschg /usr/obj/usr
# rm -rf /usr/obj/usr
# cd /usr/src
# make cleandir
# make cleandir
Yes, make cleandir really should be run twice.

Then restart the whole process, starting with make buildworld.

Mike