sysctl invalid argument

Beni beni at brinckman.info
Wed Apr 11 15:13:59 UTC 2007

Hi list,

When reading through my dmesg, I found this sysctl error/message : sysctl :
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest : Invalid argument. Now there is no mention what so
ever of that option in my /etc/sysctl.conf, so I didn't set it to C1 or
anything else that seems to be invalid. So my question is : why (and where)
is it set 2 times and why is it the second time with an invalid argument ?
Neither the C1 nor the invalid argument seems to be doing any harm to the
(good) workings of the system...

System :
[beni at www ~]$ uname -a
FreeBSD www.brinckman.info 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #37: Fri Mar 30