Fwd: Jail is pausing . . Ideas please. . ?

Troy Kocher tkocher at mtadistributors.com
Tue Apr 10 19:07:47 UTC 2007

Listers,

I appears I found the solution. .

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/jail-
restrictions.html

excerpt. .

Semaphore system calls allow processes to synchronize execution by
doing a set of operations atomically on a set of semaphores.
Basically semaphores provide another way for processes lock
resources. However, process waiting on a semaphore, that is being
used, will sleep until the resources are relinquished.

I had two scripts that run on this jail, they both connect to the
database jail (pgsql) that is running on the same host. . Stopped
those scripts and in the last 18 hrs the pausing  has been eliminated.

Thanks to those who had comments. .

Troy