PPP

Mulga mulga at flinders.homeunix.org
Tue Apr 10 10:21:29 UTC 2007

Hi,
I need some assistance with getting either ppp or pppd to work with a HSPDA.

The device AKA mobile phone packaged differently acts as a Internet gateway.  It is not a normal modem. Beleive me.

Linux do it this way pppd 10.11.12.13:10.11.12.13 [read the options file /do/chat]
The device does the connect invisibaly to the user.

Linex then uses traceroute to get the GW and manually manipulate the routing table.

All good and well if you use Linux.

How do I handle the pppd? It needs a route to the device and I dont get one.

John