Skype can't connect.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Sun Apr 8 03:29:12 UTC 2007

On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 06:55:58PM -0700, Paris Jones wrote:
> //     Weirdness, why did all the messages disappear?
>
> I would first like to say sorry Garret, my previous questions were not in good
> detail.

[recap of a problem often requoted recently on list]

I happen to be blind and so can't examine your .png files.  I also
happen to be a very regular user of Skype (though on Windows) and
FreeBSD (though an old version).

First question:  Why, after all the urging, do you not just try the
hw.snd.maxautovchans option and see what happens?  It doesn't take
long to do this, and certainly not as long as it takes to retype
your question with details. :)

But maybe you aren't aware that having multiple channels can, at
least afaik, allow device names like /dev/dsp0.0, /dev/dsp0.1, etc.
If just setting maxautovchans doesn't let you use the same device
name in both places, maybe you can use different ones after all.
But I still think you have to set maxautovchans.

Details from you remain below.

Doug Lee                 dgl at dlee.org
SSB + BART Group         doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com   http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"Innovation is hard to schedule." -- Dan Fylstra