Buildworld error

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Sat Apr 7 20:49:07 UTC 2007

Schiz0 <schiz0phrenic21 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 4/7/07, Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
>>
>> Schiz0 <schiz0phrenic21 at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > I'm following the handbook to rebuild world. I updated via csup
>> (Supfile:
>> > http://pastebin.ca/427631 ) right before I ran make buildworld. Now I'm
>> > getting this error: http://pastebin.ca/427605
>> >
>> > I just installed the system before doing this, so the /usr/src dir
>> should be
>> > fresh.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance to everyone. Without IRC and the mailing lists, I
>> would be
>> > using Windows ;-)
>>
>> Is there anything non-standard in your make.conf?
>> Are you using Kerberos?
>>

> No, I'm not using Kerberos. Also, I went through the entire make.conf man
> page and added the appropriate settings for my system. My make.conf is
> pasted at: http://pastebin.ca/428698

That is a *big* configuration file; I'm not going to go through all of
it to debug it.  You have a lot of variables set to "false", which is
the same as setting them to "true"; see make.conf(5) for details.

I recommend building with an empty make.conf to be sure that you are
able to build without any special settings, and *then* try tuning it
(if you want to; there is rarely any strong reason to do so).