some thoughts about gmirror

Mike Wolman mike at nux.co.uk
Sat Apr 7 09:35:58 UTC 2007

Rsync is a great tool however if you try to rsync a filesystem
with hundreds of thousand files in it the file list can use quite
a large amount of bandwidth even if only a single file has
changed - if you were keeping track of the blocks which had changed
then you do not need to generate this list and simply send over the
changed blocks.

I was not thinking the remote side would mount the image unless
the primary site was offline/unavailable.

Mike.