resolve.cong

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Sat Apr 7 02:39:11 UTC 2007

On Friday 06 April 2007, Tsu-Fan Cheng said:
> hi,
>     my computer gets DHCP IP from my router, and also writes my
> resolve.confin my /etc by dhclient (as I learned from the
> handbook). It writes "search
> hsd1.md.comcast.net." and "nameserver 192.168.0.1" in the
> resolve.conf. I found this is not very efficient. Once I put
> "nameserver 68.87.73.242" (which is actually copied from the router
> status), my network works better. But since dhclient keeps change
> the conf file back to the way it was, Is there anyway i can make
> dhclient writes down this line?? thank you!!
>
> TFC

Put the following into /etc/dhclient.conf changing the interface to
yours:

interface "ath0"   {
	supersede domain-name-servers 68.87.73.242;
}

See man(5) dhclient.conf for more options.

Beech
Beech Rintoul - Port Maintainer - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html