Abit KN9 + FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Thu Apr 5 22:55:04 UTC 2007

*Puts on dunce cap*

When I turned on the onboard RAID, and created the RAID arrays, the BIOS
decided "Well you simply must want to boot off the RAID, right?" So,
that being fixed, I popped in the amd64 distro and proceeded to do the
install.

System is installed, up and running.. I couldn't believe how fast the
amd64 branch installed off the CD (about 7 minutes)!

Now to get used to the new /etc/rc.d scheme.. :) (I'm
coming from 4.11-RELEASE--luckily I enjoy learning new things,
especially when they make life easier!)

Thanks, dev team! :) You rock!

Best,
--Glenn